January 31, 2024
Weddings are full of magic, love, and a dash of overwhelming planning.
At Town & Country Inn and Suites, we understand all of the planning that goes into preparing for your perfect wedding reception. To help you feel more prepared in your search for a venue, we’ve created a go-to checklist for engaged couples dreaming of a flawless celebration.
Make Sure You Save this Wedding Reception Checklist for Later
This checklist will guide you through some of the essential elements to consider for your reception.
- Determine your overall wedding budget.
- Decide how much of that budget you’re willing to allocate for the reception venue.
- Have a few potential wedding dates in mind.
- Check if the venue is available on these dates.
- Draft a preliminary guest list to estimate the size of your wedding.
- Ensure the venue can comfortably accommodate your expected guest count.
- Consider the convenience of the venue’s location for your guests.
- Check for nearby accommodations if many guests will be traveling from out-of-town.
- Determine your wedding theme or style.
- Make sure the venue complements this theme.
- Check if the venue provides tables, chairs, linens, etc.
- Inquire if there’s a setup and breakdown service.
- Ask if the venue offers in-house catering or if you need to hire outside caterers.
- Discuss menu options and do a tasting, if possible.
- If you plan to serve alcohol, ask about the venue’s policies.
- Determine whether you’ll need to purchase a separate liquor license.
- Ask if the venue provides a sound system or designated area for DJs.
- Ask about any restrictions, such as noise ordinances or decoration limitations.
- Check the venue’s policy on bringing in outside vendors.
- Check if there’s ample parking or other transportation options for guests.
- Request to review the venue’s contract in detail.
- Make sure you understand all terms and conditions before signing.
What to Expect from Town & Country Inn and Suites as Your Reception Venue
From grand celebrations to smaller, intimate weddings, we’ve got you covered. Our various event spaces allow us to accommodate various guest list sizes, up to 350 people. Wedding packages include catering and beverage services, event set-up and tear down, state-of-the-art sound systems, blocked room guest accommodations, and much more!
As you prepare to embark on this beautiful journey together, Town & Country Inn and Suites is with you every step of the way. This checklist isn’t just a plan, it’s a promise. We promise our commitment to you to ensure that your reception is nothing short of magical.
Learn more about our wedding packages or book your event by calling us at 217-214-0400.